Monday, February 18, 2008

MY FIRST LOVE

Driving for nearly three hours

in my dodge,

I was suddenly reminded of my love,

on seeing OORVASI lodge.

I drove into the car park,went into

the dimly lit restaurant,

and choose a cozy comfortable table

at one end of the room

I asked for her and "instantly"

she came to me,

all dressed in orange and white

A queenly sight!

with an aroma that roused my instincts.....

I lost my composure, and

immediately lifted her to me

with both my hands ,

touched my lips with hers

gingerly which few do

till she was completely exhausted.

A touch of satisfaction lit my face

and i became fresh as morning dew.

She is mine and mine will ever be,

Yes, she is she is sweet orange and white

And everybody calls her "TEA"







10 comments:

Pavitra said...

Wow...dat ws beautiful! I didn't expect to see tea in the end at all! :-)

I love the way he left her "exhausted" he he

Ashwathy said...

LOL delightful!! intelligent choice of words, wudnt guess the ending coming at all :D

Anonymous said...

wow,...you seem to be so in love with poetry...heheh..it sounds wonerful aniwae..

Tanu said...

That was truly amazing...I actually thought u were talking bout someone...Such a short poem with a climax!! Not everyone can do that...!!

Musafir said...

looovely...makes me wanna runa nd make myself a cup... it has the homecoming feel and the luxury of a piece of free time all to oneself... beautiful...

Anu said...

oh Boy! I dint see that coming at all... :) watta ClimaX... he he...

Dhanesh said...

Predictable :)

USHA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
USHA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
USHA said...

An unexpected climax..honestly had to re-read thelines to totally comprehend..I have fallen in love with the "orange pekoe" of my life.